Tuesday 6 March 2012

Of Trees and Cheesecake


I've always wanted to check out this coffee shop located on the corner of Granville and Hastings in Vancouver. They're apparently known for their cheesecake, and since I looove indulging in its yummy goodness, I decided yesterday was the perfect day to treat myself to this delectable dessert. So, I dragged my classmates with me to Trees Coffee during our down- time in between our tutorial and lecture. 


The cafe had a bunch of differet cheesecake flavours to choose from, and I was quite overwhelmed with their selection. Just a few of what I can remember included Mocah, Original New York style cheesecake, Key Lime, Sin, and (correct me if I'm wrong) Peanut Butter. Yuuum. I ended up going for Sin because my classmate recommended it and I ordered warm apple cider to go along with it.


Needless to say, it was just sooo sinfully delicious-- the cheesecake that is. It definitely lived up to its name haha. It was a marble cheesecake with cranberries, and would have gone really well with a strawberry topping, but I decided to skip that. Regardless, that was good cheesecake, and it hit the spot! The apple cider was really good too, and the fact that I had a cinnamon stick in my drink made it so much better =D

 


I managed to snap a few pictures of the cafe before we left. It was really packed in there, so I didn't want to take up too much time and infringe on people's space. I must say that I loved the set up of the place. It's just a cosy nook in the heart of downtown where all the trendy people would seem to gravitate to. I'm definitely going back for more because of their extensive tea collection, and of course, for their cheesecake.



So, if you're ever in Vancouver, I think this place deserves a chance. The staff is amazingly friendly, and their food and drink is just amazingly good, and the location itself is pretty convenient. I'm sure you won't regret it!
Well, thank you again for taking the time to read my blog. I hope you all have a wonderful day =)

1 comment: