Sunday 25 March 2012

Mandalay Lounge & Steakhouse


Spring is finally here! And since the sun has been shining I've been soaking it up as much as possible. So, the other day, my mum and I decided that staying indoors was a waste and we headed out to Steveston to grab some lunch.
We were walking around and trying to figure out where to eat, and many disagreements later, we happened to see the Mandalay tucked behind another restaurant.



 The restaurant couldn't have a better view. It's located right by the water (right on the pier), so it definitely gains huge bonus points based on that alone. The set up of the place was really nice too. It has a really urban vibe with a splash of authenticity.
There was a fair amount to choose from on their lunch menu, but we knew right away what we wanted. So, we started with the Chicken Satay skewers, which was a real palate pleaser.


What drew us to the place were their rice bowls (they had a copy of the menu outside), so I got the Thai Red Seafood Curry Rice bowl (pictured first) and my mum got the Spicy Chicken and Peanut Rice bowl. Both were just sooo delicious. For chicken lovers, I would definitely recommend the rice bowl that my mum got because it was packed with flavour, and it wasn't ridiculously spicy either. 


I have to fianlly comment on the service that we received. My mum and I were both really impressed with the server that we had (in fact, it was just her serving the lunch rush). She was extremely professional, but she was so bubbly and friendly, and truly made our experience much more enjoyable.
As a whole, I think the Mandalay is really worth checking out. I'm definitely going back for more yummy goodness!
Anyway, thank you again for reading =)

No comments:

Post a Comment